Bristows’ senior partner, Philip Westmacott will take this Law Society webinar session on the Unitary Patent – unravelling the complexities.
The adoption of the regulations for the Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court has been hailed as an historic achievement and it looks like the unitary patent is finally going to become a reality. The 15th draft Rules of Procedure were put out for consultation and, armed with over a thousand pages of responses, the expert practitioners group are working on a further draft.
This webinar will consider the main issues on the draft rules and provide guidance on key dates and implementation including:
• Undecided issues of interpretation
• Opts out – what is permissible
• Stays of procedure
• Forum shopping
• Preliminary injunctions
• What is the criteria for deciding which language will be used?
• Transitional arrangements
• Looking forward to the public hearing