You can also find all the episodes, as we release them, here.
- What does the UPC bring to the European patent litigation landscape?
- Which countries will participate in the UPC, now and in the future?
- Which patents are covered by the new system (and which are not)?
- Differences between the new unitary patent and “classic” European patents.
- The transitional period: opt-out strategies and early opt-out figures.
UPC Basics: Part two
In our second episode of You, me & the UPC, our patent litigation experts, Naomi Hazenberg and Charlie French, provide further insights and early figures for the new UPC system, which opened its doors on 1 June 2023.
- The different courts of the UPC: local and regional divisions, the Central Division and the Court of Appeal.
- The role of Milan in the re-formed Central Division.
- UPC judges and language of proceedings.
- The first cases – where they were filed and what we know so far.
Note: It was announced on 22 July 2023, shortly after this episode was recorded, that AutoStore and Ocado had reached a global settlement of their patent litigation claims. It is therefore expected that the UPC proceedings between Ocado and AutoStore that are referred to in this episode will now be withdrawn.